Chapter 12: The Switch

14 tiresome hours later, we had reached Jacksonville. The trip went pretty well, and we didn't come across any patrol vehicles. We did catch a few glimpses of Loars, a standard flying aircraft that was used across the world.  Smoky towns littered the highways, and this showed the intensity of the situation. It was devastating that we were the sole cause of all this nonsense and chaos. 
An eerie silence had occupied most of our journey, and most of us weren't in the mood for small talk. The car, on the other hand, had been excellent; complete with plush seats, a customizable weapon system and the controls were designed to my liking SO much that it felt like I was the creator of the vehicle. When I signed to Kat, who the creator of this mystery vehicle was, she replied with her usual shrug and said, 'You're gonna find out bud.'

--------------------------------------------------------

Once we reached Jacksonville, I trailed behind Kat's car as she led us to our hideout. We passed through dark alleyways and stares followed our expensive looking cars. A while later, the streets and houses changed from dark and gloomy to bright and colourful. The houses looked prosperous, and I continued to drive on until Kat switched on her indicator, and her voice buzzed through, 'Pull over, Over.' JT took the walkie-talkie and said, 'Roger that, Katniss.'

I pulled over and slid out of the vehicle, the others following my lead. I put in my Holo-Lens and gazed around, identifying my surroundings, as Kat tapped on my hood and mumbled some words. I jumped to see a new coat of dirty paint being rolled over the car automatically, making it look like a scarp car. The windows then blackened entirely, and that was when the door banged open, and a girl with a pretty, smiling face looked at us. Most of us looked puzzled, and JT leaned into his back pocket as if he was pulling out his taser. The girl walked over to Kat and hugged her, the spray cans lined across her waist jingling.

'Heyy, how's everything going, y'all'?' 
The others talked to her, as I turned away and stuffed my hands in my pockets, being the apparent new-comer. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and as I turned around, she was there with an outstretched arm, her hand shaking my hand. For some reason, it felt like every single little cell in my body was frozen and couldn't move. I was getting goosebumps all over, and I quickly reached over for my Holo-Lens. She swatted my hand away and signed correctly, 'Hello, Hassan! It's been extremely wonderful to see you. Zizi here!' 
'I'm absolutely delighted, thank you!' I bowed. I noticed JT giving me a slight thumbs up and grinning broadly, he then smiled at me, innocently. 
She laughed (it sent tingles up my spine) and gestured for me to follow her, into the house, a house like never seen before, a house plastered with graffiti.

Comments

Popular Posts