Chapter 11: Action in Progress!

After I clambered back into the truck, we got on to the highway again. By now, the rest of them were wide awake, and I told them about the cop that I saw. Kat was kinda worried and told me to bear down on the accelerator, and I zoomed through. 
I then noticed a shiny, red button on the side panel. I reached over and clicked it and VĂ³ila; there and then, the truck turned into a cool black on the inside and as I watched in astonishment, the rest of the exterior turned a sleek black as well
The camo skin had wholly vanished, and a sleek panel had come up and, believe it or not, it had COMBAT MODE plastered over it. 
All of them looked on in astonishment, except for Kat, who was oblivious to all the commotion. I had my eyes on the road though, and that was when it hit me at what Kat was so intensely gazing on.
 A glossy green Porsche was in front of us, and it was slowing down, slowly. I was on high alert and immediately gestured for the rest of them to sit down. I squinted through the sunlight and tried to see who was in the car, but the windows were super-tinted. Kat finally woke up from her trance, and just as the vehicle sufficiently slowed down, she switched the car to ARMED mode. I murmured my prayers and hoped for strength as I watched the sirens emerge from the car. 
Mig swore, disdainfully and grabbed a laser from his bag. The rest of them had no weapons and could do nothing but hide behind a bulletproof wall that I had created for them.
A high voice then rang out, 'Interpol, stop your vehicle!'
I glanced at Kat for assurance, and she nodded, and it was then that I mustered up my courage for our first armed attack on authority. I pressed COMPLETE ERADICATION on my control panel, and BOOM they were gone. No trace was left except for a puddle of dust, and we then looked at each other in shock. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The mood in the vehicle was rusty except for the constant chatter going on between Kat and her secret friend. She still wouldn't reveal anything to us about this person and kept on slyly grinning at me anytime I asked. I always wonder why that was such an auspicious moment.
 The rest of us sat in silence, and it was kinda unnatural for me because all my life, I had heard other people continually talking, and it was me who had to keep quiet. Even though I tried to initiate conversations, they would shrug it off and turn over and sleep.

Finally, at about 11 PM, Kat revealed the plan to us. We would proceed on to Kansas City, where we would stop at the WW1 museum to change vehicles, because we were NOW being tracked!
My lip trembled with excitement as our time to switch cars drew near, and all of us were thinking of how stealthy we must be to escape those prying eyes of the FBI, in such a huge city.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts