Chapter 10: On the Road😁

When I woke up, Kat was still at the wheel, looking like a dead zombie. The truck's clock read 5:52 AM, and I was pretty surprised that I woke up this early. I then offered to take the wheel from Kat, and she readily accepted. She muttered a word of thanks and snuggled up beside Taylor. I stared ahead on the road, and I thought about all the adventures we were gonna have, considering that WE were RUNNING away from the law.

----------------------------------------------------------

At 7 AM, Taylor woke up and joined me at the front. We talked and signed about a lot of stuff, and we then rode for a while in silence. Suddenly the silence was split by a VERY loud grumble from my tummy. I looked at her, and she suddenly burst out laughing, which made me laugh too. My laugh isn't the typical kind of laugh like the rest of you, it's peculiar.......I mean honestly, you see me laugh and you might freak out.

Now about an hour later, I got a prompt from my dashboard, asking me to refuel. I gave the wheel to Tay and hopped off the truck, running with all my might. I spotted a cop on his patrol car in the fuelling station, which was VERY RARE considering that most cops used Fly-Jets or Cop-Ters. I nervously applied the brakes and tried to look as casual as possible, as I decided to saunter over to the mini-mart. The eagle-eyed cop saw me, though, and called out for me. I sprinted over to him, my heart speeding away like a Lambo. He waved me over and muttered something on his walkie-talkie and then asked me what I was doing here.
I shrugged, and I gestured for I-don't-talk, and he nodded in agreement. He then asked, 
'Have you, by any chance seen a military truck rambling about here and there?'
I shook my head NO and then shrunk away from the cop and into the mini-mart.
I stuffed a couple of croissants, chicken sandwiches (halal), muffins, crisps, and a bottle of pop soda. I also got a bunch of water bottles in case we were thirsty.

I went up to the cashier then, and he looked at me suspiciously and asked me where I was taking this to. I just shrugged and then tossed him the stuff. He put all of it into a jute bag and then handed me the bill. It read $312.89!!!!!!!! 
I asked him to double-check and then he showed me the law from the government, that if anyone bought above their rations, they had to pay extra. When I dug into my pocket, imagine my surprise at finding $1000 in fresh bills. I hurriedly pulled them out of sight and paid the guy what he wanted. I then texted Tay using the burner phone and then chucked it over the wall, munching on a sweet croissant.

Comments

  1. Arman , very nicely written , the chapter on the road , you expressed a teenager's attitudes naturally , congratulations !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts