Chapter 6: In the Hospital (AGAIN!)

As the days went by, I slowly recovered. My head sorta became OK and started to take the shape of the old me. It was pretty painful, and Mum wouldn't even look at me forget about talking. After about 3 days, they transferred me to the quiet zone, where I was fed with protein food and shakes. I spent my time reading e-books and watching videos on my holo-lens. The dudes came over once in 2-3 days and brought me a couple of games, which kept me busy. On my third week of being in the hospital, there was a knock on my door at midnight. I was sort of spooked out and instinctively grabbed a curtain rod that maintenance had left behind. The door opened slightly, and I saw Taylor's face peeking in. It was the first time she (or Kat) had visited, and they had only sent get well soon cards until now. I motioned for her to come in and then noticed that the rest of the gang was right behind her. Kat switched on the lights, and the rest of them grabbed chairs and sat around my bed. I noticed a package in Taylor's hands and wondered what it could be. I put on my Holo-Lens and signed for, "What's goin' on??"

Taylor replied, "Well, we earned a spot of money over the last couple of weeks, and we thought to get you a...."

" Super-cool GlassTop, that would help you to learn a lot about hacking....." interrupted Miguel, with his french accent.

"And will make you a professional, most likely, when you get out of this place...." jutted in JT, grinning from ear to ear.  

"I don't know if you forgot or if there is a problem with the DataBase, but it is your b' day tomorrow, right?? SO, as FRIENDS, we are supposed to be getting you something, right?!" said Kat, with a twinkle in her eye.

Now, now, my dear readers, a decent GlassTop costs at least 5000 dollars! And they got me a HACKING ONE!!!!!! HOLY MOLY!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So going back to the hospital room, I was staring at them and processing what they just said. After a minute, I sort of snapped back to reality and signed thank you and a bunch of other things, most of them which they didn't understand as I was signing super-fast. Taylor handed me the package, and the rest of them grinned like doofuses, as a trembling me opened the parcel carefully and then stroked the matte black surface of the GlassTop, still amazed with my luck.

Comments

Popular Posts