Chapter 3: The Great DAY!

Finally, the great day came! As I had told you, my bike came with a cool Holo-Lens that could interpret all types of sign language. So that meant it was easier for me to sign and talk to people, like Kat and the rest of 'em. 
For the record first time ever, I walked into Manhattan Mall, head held high, while earning looks of envy from others. I heard a ping from my cell-phone and I took it outta my pocket. It was pretty old and many parts of the touchscreen didn't work. I glanced at the screen, thinking it might be a message from my mom as usual..............but, the screen showed UNKNOWN NUMBER! OK, you might be thinking why I was so shocked by a text from an unknown number. It was because I never EVER got a message from anyone except Mum. to be honest, my only CONTACT was Mom. You get the idea...

Anyway the message was from Kat, who asked me where I was. I texted them back, sayin' I was near.

As I neared Corner Café, I saw the 2 dudes that I saw before along with Kat and another girl I didn't know. They sorta shook hands with me and the guys did the bro hug (which I honestly never EVER did with anyone!). They were pretty chill about the whole I-don't-talk-thing and treated me like a normal person. They asked me questions about myself and I signed the answers and then asked them too. Taylor, the other girl, asked me if I liked the bike and I vigorously nodded. She looked at the others and gave them the I-told-you-so-look.
After a couple of turns, we neared the most expensive café in the entire city, Antico Café. I NEVER expected to actually eat there in MY LIFE, but these guys just got in as if they went there everyday. We got a table for 5 and sat down. The chairs were made of velvety plush. The whole place was AMAZING. I ordered the cheapest coffee available ($10!) and a slice of Antico Cheesecake ($30!) as suggested by the others. I hoped I wasn't gonna be the one who pays the bill......
Anyway, I listened to all their talk and after a while I waved my hands around so I could get their attention. They all looked at me and I signed, asking them this:

Why did you guys contact me anyway? Like whats going on?

"Well, we saw you throw your frisbee in your driveway and you seemed pretty good, so we thought to sorta invite you to hang out with us..." replied JT.

Great....BUT, then HOW did you get my number?

Their faces sort of froze for a minute and then went back to normal. Miguel then asked me if I could be trusted with their secret and if I would never tell my friends. I sort of doubled up in laughter and when Kat looked at me with a quizzical expression, I signed to her that I didn't have any friends in the first place! So basically that meant I won't tell anyone. The rest of the conversation went somewhat like this: 

"OK," said Taylor. "You might think that what I am about to say is a joke, but I SWEAR it isn't." she paused, and took a deep breath. 
"We are a group of teenagers who love cyberspace hacking along with frisbee throwing....."
"We have our clients who need some information or something and we help them out," said Kat.
 There was a dramatic pause as I was processing what they just said.
"So, um, would you like to sorta join our gang?" asked JT.

I thought about it for a second and then nodded vigorously. They clapped and Taylor yelled, "Three cheers for Hassan," 
"HIP HIP HOORAY!" the rest of 'em screamed.
I looked around nervously around the rest of the café, but no one even noticed. Most people were engrossed in their GlassTops and no one cared.

Inside I was screaming with delight and I struggled to keep it from coming out. I thanked them all vigorously and we had talked on and on for a long time. When I looked at my cell-phone screen, it showed 1 PM and  I told them that I had to leave as Mom was waiting for lunch. I shook hands with all of them and was about to remove my wallet to pay the bill when Miguel said, "Dude, chill out. It's on me."
I shrugged and then left the cafe thinking about how lucky I was.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts