Chapter 2: Trouble

The following days were pretty bad for me. After those cool kids left, the cop came up and helped me to my feet. I took out my cell-phone, as usual, and answered all his queries. He collected everything I had except my phone and my delivery satchel (which had their FRISBEE, YAY!) and asked me if I would like to press charges against those guys, but I had already decided against it. He then dropped me off at my place, where he said he would come again tomorrow to talk to my mom. I nodded like every good kid would, and then trudged back home, expecting the worst from my mom. 

As expected, my mom was standing with her hands on her hips and a hijab around her head, and an ANGRY MOM expression on her face. She thanked the still-waiting cop for bringing me home and then shut the door loudly. She then removed her hijab, and glared at me through sunken eyes. She saw the delivery satchel hanging along my waist and my fiery red scars, and immediately knew that something bad had happened. She asked the usual mom questions; what happened, where have you been etc. As I was TOO tired to sign or type any of the answers, I simply signed S-L-E-E-P-Y and plopped down on the sofa.

When I woke up, there was note on the coffee table that read TAKE CARE, and a plate of warm khubz (arabic bread) along with scrambled eggs. I brushed, switched on our outdated Media Screen, and tuned in my InvisiBeats to the Cop vs Thief show and watched it, for like, 30 minutes or so, while tucking in. It was then that I noticed some movement on our drive way. I went out, and looked out for the usual drunk people out at 6 in the morning, stumbling on people's driveway. I took out the frisbee and began throwing it around and practicing, until sweat formed around my brow. I went back inside, took a shower and wondered how to face Joe when he learns that I didn't deliver the package. It was at that time that I saw a brown box on my door step with the distinguishable marks of an SR ROADSTER, my dream electric bike. At first I thought I was seeing an illusion, but as I neared closer, I realized IT WAS REAL!!!!!

I gathered my guts and lugged the box inside and sliced it open. Inside was a brand new SR, silver-blue in color and a HOLO-LENS!!! Attached to its handlebars was a note, that read:

Hey, Mr. Hassan,

We thought we should leave you this. As a compensation for your bike that we broke. Sorry for that and we hope you like this one. 

YOLO, 
Kat and the Gang.

P.S: Would you like to play and hang out with us? If yes, meet us at Manhattan Mall, next week, Saturday, 10 AM.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG! I was left utterly speechless at this much luck. I immediately rolled the bike out the door and then gunned it. "Welcome to the SR experience," said the guy from the Holo-Lens. "Pls enjoy your ride!"
Thrilled, I got on and zoomed off into the horizon, with a wide grin on my face. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------

With my delivery job faster and easier, it brought me more clients which meant more money. I struggled to be patient, waiting for next week's meet. 7 days felt like 7 years!
But both the frisbee and the SR kept me busy most of the time and I had fun that I never had before!

Comments

Popular Posts